View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #525
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
After downloading a couple of dozen books from my OPDS server, I am wishing Marvin had some kind of download que system, so I don't have to wait for each book to download before moving back to the catalog.

Some of my books are in 20-30 mb range, so the wait can be long.

I don't actually like the multiple, parallel downloads in Stanza, always found them too unreliable, but my idea is that when I tap to download a book, it actually goes on a list, and Marvin then has a worker thread that gets them and imports them one at a time.

Should be allowed by Apple, a number of apps, including Stanza already do this.

Cheers

Art