View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
That is what I have been telling here all along, from my 20+ years of first hand experience on factory floors of foreign invested companies around China just like Foxconn (t (though I have never been inside Foxconn itself). And no, I don't need an interpreter who filters the answers for me, I speak, read, and write the language. These are sensationalist, overblown reports. Was all that true 20 years ago, yes. Does it reflect today's reality? Absolutely not. Do accidents happen, of course. We are talking 100s of millions of workers here. Look at the statistics. But in China today the workers are in the drivers seat. You need a job in China? Don't like your current one? Low pay, terrible working conditions? The choice is yours, you can go anywhere and they will take you -- with a 20% raise to boot. Have a claim against your employer? Hungry lawyers are waiting at the factory doors. And these days most claims are decided in favor of the workers. Still, people are lining up outside the door at Foxconn. If they are so unhappy, mistreated, why would they do that?

In most foreign invested factories workers get an average take home pay of 4-500 USD a month (including Chinese New Year bonus and over time). Compare that to just a few years ago, or compare that to Indonesia, Cambodia, Bangladesh, etc. Let's get real.

Last edited by HansTWN; 03-16-2012 at 07:09 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote