View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #11
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I agree there is something to be said about the 'desire' to write a given story too. If you don't really find the story interesting then it will show in your writing as well. I remember in college I took a customer service course and one tip that I remember was that when you talk to someone over the phone have a smile on your face. The reason being that even though they can't see your face something of the smile is transmitted via your voice. The same thing applies to writing I think. If you don't enjoy the story when you're writing it that will show in ways that you might not imagine. So a good mindset is just as much a part of writing as knowing how to properly string words together.
Yep. Robert Frost said
Quote:
I’ve often been quoted: “No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise for the writer, no surprise for the reader.” But another distinction I made is: however sad, no grievance, grief without grievance.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote