View Single Post
Old 10-01-2011, 03:39 AM   #15
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The simple solution is to just remove the internal ToC. It's not needed and it's not wanted. The external ToC will do fine. This way, you don't need a ToC entry for the ToC since you won't have an internal ToC. I find an internal ToC in an ePub to be insulting.
In most situations I agree with you. However, there are situations when a internal TOC is justified. If a TOC contains an excerpt of each chapter, as sometimes in non-novels, it can have an added value.

Usually I don't use it, but for those kind of books I sometimes do. It will help the reader to find the right chapter.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote