View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #60
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
Thanks - will investigate and try to figure out why this is.
Figured it out. Lol, I didn't sleep until it was fixed. The fanfic was fairly long and the pcre.backtrack_limit was too restrictive (100,000). Changed the value to 1,000,000 and it works now.

Quote:
What exactly did you mean here? Are you aware that fflag can output cleaned HTML already as a standard output format?
Yep. I was just trying to figure out a way so it returns the HTML output directly/in-line. e.g. http://localhost/getstory.php?source=ffnet&storyid=1234567 would contain the cleaned HTML source instead of creating a separate cleaned HTML file. Needed this for def print_version() in a Calibre news feed while I'm still learning Python and unable to convert the chapter detection and page cleaning logic.

Quote:
To everyone submitting modified source:Would it be useful if I gave you guys commit access to the subversion repo for this? Alternatively, is there any chance you'd be willing to submit patches to the original source? That way we can keep everything in sync and stop it diverging too much - the way things are, there's a chance we could end up with way too many branches spread all over the thread in various zipfiles.
Would be great except I don't know how to use subversion, although I guess I could learn. Also, I'm not sure if my submitted code is Linux compatible.

Quote:
And finally, thanks heaps to all the users and modifiers in this thread :-). It's great to see people taking an interest, I must admit I thought for a while there that there were only a couple of people interested.
I think one of the reasons you're not getting more hits is because people aren't aware your program/service exists. I used to archive fanfics the hard way and I eventually gave up doing that since it just takes too much effort. Alas, short of posting a link on the FanFiction.Net forums (which might result in them asking you to take down the web service), I can't think of a way for people to learn about FLAG.

Quote:
Second final note: To all who have contributed code, are you happy with your changes being integrated into trunk and released under GPLv2?
Sure, no problem.

Addendum:
I just read a bit about subversion. I think patches would be better so we don't accidentally break something.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-22-2009 at 04:59 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote