View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #90
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Plus, don't know if it's important to you, but streaming with the DVD players, you cannot get Closed Captioning.
I just found that when I moved my Roku from the TV in my kitchen to the TV in my bedroom. We have a wall unit A/C just to make the bedroom extra cold without making the entire house too cold. When it's on, it's hard to hear the TV without blasting it, and well... that defeats the purpose of watching a little tv before falling to sleep. So I keep it at a normal level and turn on the CC. It's way more relaxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
You can also try a soundbar and/or wireless earphones. I have some Sennheiser wireless headphones, hooked up to the soundbar.
I started using bluetooth receiver w/ sound isolating headphones whenever I was doing dishes, or vacuuming and watching TV. I don't like loud noises and this way I eliminate the bad sound, and don't have the blast the good sound, just to hear it. I have Sony transmitter/receiver that I hook up to my TVs, then use a bluetooth receiver and my fav. earbuds to listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Why did no one ever smile in these old photos.
I don't know, but one of my cousins recently found a pic of my parents and my mother looks as happy and content, as I've ever seen her! I need to get it restored and framed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mom & Dad 1950s.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	95411  
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote