View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 05:05 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I may be in the minority, but I have relatively few books on my reader at any one time. I have calibre server setup so that my "true" ip address http://7x.x5.xx8.79:1xx8/ can be accessed even when I am away from my home network. I can use the browser and find books in so many different ways if I want to add books to my device on the go.

I also don't have thousands upon thousands of books, in any case. I am amazed at how many I have purchased in three years, but it really isn't all that hard to keep things sorted just using calibre. It helps that I used calibre from pretty much day one and I have always added books one at a time as I buy them.

For the books I do have loaded on my device, search really works for me if I don't remember the complete title of a book or the author, or if I have placed it on a shelf whose name I can't remember at the time (don't laugh, it happens).

Last edited by taming; 06-14-2013 at 05:08 AM. Reason: spelling and some weird sentence structure
taming is offline   Reply With Quote