View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Tekbro: That's great to hear. There have been a lot of failures with the image, so I have been wondering if there is a problem with it.

But, you might be able to answer a question.

There are actually two version of the WiFi. They seem to have different CPUs; one is a Marvell 166e, the other a Freescale iMX357. I don't know if there is an external difference, but once they have the 1.9.11 firmware on them, they have different USB device ids. The Freescale has 0x4162 and the Marvell has 0x4165. Could you look when connected to a PC and tell me?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone else as well. As I said, I don't know if there is an external difference, but if you still have the device open, there should be a chip on the board labelled with the names and numbers above. If we find only one version is having problems, maybe we can get it sorted out.