Thread: Battery dying
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm200 View Post
Nothing you have said indicates you have a bad battery, or that the 505 is in any way defective. Are you using an external charger or a USB charger?

Also if longer battery life is your main criteria turn the 505 off when you are done reading - not just suspend it. Hold the power switch 5 seconds until it asks do you want to power down.

Is 1000 page turns bad for a 505? I know flashing with EPub support reduced the total somewhat.

Robert
You don't need to fully power it down. I've actually never done it in the year and a half I've had my 505. My battery life isn't what it used to be, I charge it every week or so (heavy use).

As far as I know, it's fairly easy to replace the battery so the OP might want to try it. First I'd recommend using an AC charger just in case, it could be charging poorly via USB.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote