View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Kindle edition is really a bargain!

I got an e-mail from Amazon.com today letting me know that Hex and the City by Simon R Green is now available for pre-order. The e-mail indicated that the book was priced at $69.99, which I thought was much too high for a book, so I followed the link in the e-mail to the book description -- and yep, it says $69.99. Amazing. Particularly since the e-mail also had links to the Kindle edition and mass market paperback edition. I'm also curious why this is classified as "Misc. Supplies". It must be a very special edition indeed.

So -- you can pre-order for $69.99, or get the paperback edition for $7.99 or the Kindle edition for $5.59. I was also quite amused by the way in which they made the discount look better than it is. Digital list price is $6.99, but they calculated your savings against the higher print list price. See the attached screen shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hex-email-screenshot.gif
Views:	519
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	28065   Click image for larger version

Name:	hex-supplies-screenshot.gif
Views:	520
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	28066   Click image for larger version

Name:	hex-kindle-screenshot.jpg
Views:	488