View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #19
PocketGoddess
Connoisseur
PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PocketGoddess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, KSO, Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Just change your address to a UK one and make that your bookstore. No need to mess around with gift cards etc.
I did that to avoid numerous foreign transaction fees on my credit card. When the gift card got held up, I tried to purchase one of the books I wanted, but I was then prompted to convert my entire Amazon account over to the UK site--which would have been fine for books, but I would have lost all of my music, all of my purchased videos, etc.

I said "no" and promptly tried to forget the whole thing, but now my regular US Amazon account is on hold--guess they didn't like what I was trying to do. Hopefully it's all cleared up soon, they said within 24 hours, but I'm afraid I may really have messed things up, and may lose *everything* -- which is an outcome I don't even want to contemplate.

Who knew that e-reading could be so dangerous?
PocketGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote