View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #32
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Per the recommendations here (thanks everyone!), over the past few days I have downloaded and used Handbreak, Handbreak and DVDSmith Movie Backup freeware, and DVDCatalyst. My experience is as follows--

Handbreak alone: worked on older DVD's...did not work on several newer ones. Not too hard to figure out...need to add a 'helper' file. Took several hours per DVD.

Handbreak and DVDSmith: Worked on the newer DVD's that Handbreak alone could not. Not as easy to accomplish (hint: DVDSmith- whole DVD and highly enhanced). Took about one hour longer than Handbreak alone.

DVDCatalyst: Has worked on everything so far. QUICK and EASY...same DVD's took less than 1 1/2 hours. I can't comment on how things look on a TV since I don't view files on one, but on my Fire the video is excellent.

Conclusion... while they all worked for viewing DVD's on my mobile device, I really like DVDCatalyst. It is simple, fast and the documentation is excellent. Strongly recommend especially at the current discount price of $9.95
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote