View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #2
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheusdreamin View Post
1. What are the advantages of the wifi version over the standard version? I
would consider returning my current version and upgrading if there is
suitable justification.
Faster CPU, computer-less purchasing from Kobo book store.

Quote:
2. Will Kobo implement a dictionary feature at some point? I'm not looking
for a date, I'm just interested to know.
That firmware version already has dictionary support. It only works for Kobo-purchased/format books however. Adobe Digital Edition managed books (EPUB) use a different renderer that doesn't support the dictionary.

Quote:
3. Will Kobo implement a method of keeping multiple bookmarks at some point?
Continuing from where I last read is enough for now.
It's a common request. Hopefully Kobo will respond to it in a future update.

Quote:
4. Will Kobo support annotation / notes at some point?
The iPad version of their software already does. Maybe we'll see this on eInk devices but I suspect text entry would be quite tedious with the inherent slow refresh rate of the display.

Quote:
5. Why do my 100 free books not appear on my desktop application?

6. Why do my books on my SDHC card not appear on my desktop application?
The sync is one-way - computer to eReader. The desktop comes with it's own selection of free books too. Note all the 100 are public domain books, so if you really want, you can download them all for free from the Kobo book store.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote