View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 02:49 AM   #24
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
I was torn with the B&N Nook, Sony PRS300 and Astak Pocket Pro. But I choose Astak because it has expandable memory, replaceble battery, supports lots of formats, and for it's price.
I authorized purchase of my surprise Christmas present a few days ago (when I realized the package had been out for over a week), both because the above statement mirrored my own thoughts, and because I am totally taken with the notion of the purchase including a charitable donation (out of my wife's pocket, sure, but its the thought that counts.)

I finally decided I didn't really care about the nook enuff to wait til Nov 30(+) to make a purchase decision - which would STILL be a pre-order with a 30 day wait.

I am still intrigued by what the nook may bring to the ebook market, but B&N's marketing strategy ("here it is, but you can't touch it", "You can pre-order it, but we get our money, anyway, cuz if you don't like it we will charge you a restocking fee AND shipping both ways", etc) just irked the heck out of me.

And here Astak is selling a Christmas package with a charitable donation AND a bunch of extras that are potentially worth more than the extra $40.

When I realized I was just waiting around til Nov 30 to make a decision on a product that I would have to wait yet another 30 days (or more) to get, it just seemed kinda silly.

I waited most of the week to mention the purchase in order to give Astak time to send my wife a disappointing email that all CC Packs had been sold, and figure it should be safe now to mention it.

Looking forward to receiving it, as long as I don't find I have to be a Facebook member to turn it on. (Sorry, Robert, couldn't resist).

As for the Kindle, its obviously a great product, but I just don't like the button clutter. As for Sony, Diokdin's hit it on the nose, so there's no reason to repeat it.

Last edited by eGeezer; 11-29-2009 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Add Kindle and Sony comment for balance.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote