View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 12:30 AM   #15
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCLady View Post
Ok, I found it. It has about 1/3 of the books, but it's a start.
you should be able to rescue some or all of the others.

select add books from calibre menu and tell it to use the old, corrupt library location. the books should still be intact & recoverable, ( it's only the database information that is corrupt)

i think you want the 2nd drop down option when you click the down arrow next to add books icon. it should ask you what to do about duplicates as it finds them - it should find duplicates as you say you have 1/3rd of the books already.

the other, slower way to do this is to browse to where the old library is, using windows explorer, then drop and drag each book, as you find it, onto the main calibre window. that action causes calibre to add that book to new library

I can't advise on the plugboard stuff, but I'm sure someone else will help.

PS once you have recovered as many books as possible - make a backup!
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote