Thread: Development Pocket Edge 2.2 NEW Firmware
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #65
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
Agreed. Nothing standard. Do you know how could I start the update.sh from adb? I am stucked with a lcd only 2.2 and can not golden update?
any idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronarq View Post
We are just changing stuff in the system2.zip

This is nothing like any android recovery I have seen. I am not sure what systems you have worked with to call this standard. Besides the fact that its called update.zip I see no similarities. There is no manifest, no signature, the structure is entirely different, the update process is all done through the update.sh shell script. It does all the flashing and everything. From what I can tell recovery just boots the basic linux ramdisk and executes the shell script.

The kernel, ramdisks, bootloader, etc are crc'd and appended to the file i believe....

Code:
#   --------------------------------------------------
#   crc32 check on image
#   - requires that image have appended crc32
#
#   arg1 : filename of image to verify
#   usage: crc_check tmp.img
#   --------------------------------------------------
crc_check ()
{
	CRC=`ubicrc32 $1`
	if [ "$CRC" == "0x00000000" ];
We could just change the update script so we could use our own image but if we hose the kernel I don't know how we would recover short of jtag. Thoughts?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote