View Single Post
Old 04-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #13
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anke Wehner View Post
If you actually want to write down a lot of stuff, I think paper or a netbook with a keyboard would be better. I've got no experience with tablets, though.
No netbook or tablet as "good battery life" compared to an eInk dedicated ereader so they all would seem to fall too sort of the OP's requirements to make them worth considering.

My vote is to (one of the following):
  • Come to terms with the 5-way
  • Get an eInk ereader with a touch screen
  • Get a case that holds the K3 along with a pen and pad of paper.

Personally, I don't find the 5-way that hard to use, especially when you factor in the advantage of a hardware keyboard over an on-screen pseuo-keyboard.

Another question that needs answering is why does the OP want WiFi. Not all readers with WiFi offer the same online/network functionality. The OP needs to consider not only the presence of WiFi but also the presence of the needed/desired functionality over WiFi.

Last edited by dwig; 04-30-2011 at 04:26 PM.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote