View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
A more automated approach could be done with a plugin. For instance in my goodreads metadata download i put in place a hardcoded mapping between what values it could supply as tags and a smaller subset of tag names within calibre. A a more general approach across multiple metadata sources is an idea I have had for a while but it would require an extra step in your process as a plugin. ie hit ctrl d to get the tags then another keyboard shortcut or menu option to clean them up. The idea being that you would define in a similar way to goodreads but with a gui the mappings so all your sci fi variants go to a single Science Fiction tag for instance. Anything not defined in your list of mappings would get discarded.

A number of people disable tags because they are too random for their liking. His approach might give a better working subset. If it sounds of interest then post it in the plugin ideas thread.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote