View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:53 PM   #193
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Question

I've got the current version of Calibre, Collections Plugin. I haven't updated the Collections Manager on the kindle, but my issues have been happening for a long time and I'm just now getting ambitious enough to try to fix them.

1) I've got quite a few books that won't go into collections even though I've got a column to assign a collection and they are properly assigned. Can't figure out why they are not in a collection.

2) I've got two versions of a collection on the kindle. So I thought one of them had a typo and that would create two almost identically named collections, but that's not it. I've eyeballed the two collections and there is no typo. In the drop-down of collections there is only one of the collection in the list.

3) When I create collections with Calibre, it tells me I have several duplicate books. I don't see that Calibre shows them to me as separate books so I can delete one. Is it supposed to?

4) When I acquire a new book from Amazon, it is delivered to my paper white 2 and then I use Calibre to import it into my Calibre library. I then assign it to a collection. Do I need to send the book back to the device using Calibre before running the plugin? Or just run the plugin without sending the book back. Doing the former may have created some of my duplicates, but I thought Calibre would replace identically named books.

The Collections Manager runs fine on the Kindle with no problems. BTW, I am using an iMac.

Thanks for any help.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote