View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 06:34 AM   #1
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Fight the Good Fight ... against DRM

Hya folks:

I ran a short blog post yesterday (http://www.bewritebooks.blogspot.com) about our indie publishing house's stance against DRM.

The response was quite incredible (site hits suddenly reached three times the normal Thursday traffic and I had a sackful of emails in support), so I got all excited and laid plans last night for a huge anti-DRM campaign, petitions and what have you.

Of course, in the cold light of day, after Googling myself crazy, I realised that the campaign is already underway -- uncoordinated as it might be -- and that we're likely to be seen as jumping on the band wagon rather than pioneering.

Anyway, so that I'm not totally deflated, here are three wee logos you're welcome to copy and use wherever you like. They were run off by my technical partner, Tony Szmuk in Canada, and based on the old 'rejected' rubber stamp.

One is totally general, another carries a tiny BeWrite Books bee logo (if you look carefully enough), and the other is blatantly BeWrite Books-specific. No hard feelings if you choose to use the first. If there's any interest, I'll ask Tony to re-do the first to read as a demand: Our Books -- Our Way.

Thanks and best wishes. Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drm_free non-specific.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	51542   Click image for larger version

Name:	drm_free_green with bb.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	51544  
Attached Images

Last edited by neilmarr; 05-14-2010 at 06:38 AM.
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote