View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 10:50 AM   #54
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi,

I converted a two-columns pdf book of 144 pages (that is really a 288 pages book) using papercrop. It went up from one meg to 18 megs.

On Linux, I used imagemagick to batch reduce the size of the images by 50"percent to get about a 6 or 7 megs file but divided in 144 numbered fragments. I declared it to be a png file and it processed the whole lot.-mogrify -resize 50% *.jpg-

After that, grouping all this in a zip file and converting to lrf with comic2lrf. This is a lot of work, on two platforms...but the result is readable and not too heavy.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote