View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 04:31 PM   #94
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
OK, I can see where you're coming from and do not question your ethics.

But OSC did not in fact do anything bad (that I know of).
Other than advocating treason. Emphasis added:

Quote:
Regardless of law, marriage has only one definition, and any government that attempts to change it is my mortal enemy. I will act to destroy that government and bring it down, so it can be replaced with a government that will respect and support marriage, and help me raise my children in a society where they will expect to marry in their turn.
Quote:
But why not consider that he did not grow up in this day and age? If (and this is pure speculation) he was brought up in a religious family with conservative views and the community in which the family lived was the same would you expect him to be different?
My father is older than OSC, and he manages to understand that there's no ethical reason to deny gay people the same rights that straight people have.

Quote:
I am not condemning you (or indeed anybody) for your boycott but I am saying that the court of public opinion is often both misinformed and too quick to condemn without either knowing all the facts or indeed fully pondering the known facts.
Saying, "maybe people are misunderstanding the situation" when you yourself are unwilling to examine the evidence is disingenuous at best.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote