Thread: Wool in ePub?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #55
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool "mock-up"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhowey View Post
Wools 6, 7, and 8 will be combined into one big honking book. I might have Jasper do a cover for that edition. Or I might use whatever Random House comes up with (if they'll let me).

I've seen the Random House cover for the UK hardback coming out in January, and it is amazing. Not in the hand-painted and detailed style of Jasper's covers, but a really iconic-looking and timeless design. I can't wait until I have permission to show it off.

As for the rest of the Molly covers, I have this mock-up Jasper sent for book two. I haven't shown this anywhere else, though I may use it for my Kobo and iBook versions until the final art comes my way. I think it's breathtaking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2mxh35y.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	89907
[Click on cover for larger version.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughhowey View Post
That's what I said! When he told me "mock-up," I thought he meant a sketch. He actually sent two files that look this good, both drawn from scratch. It would take me 20 years to make this one file. I think he can do this in an afternoon.

The guy is classically trained. A literal "masterclass" artist. And he does my book covers on the side.

I swear, I'm a bigger fan of this guy's art than he can possibly be of my writing.
Wow! Yeah, that 's quite some "mock-up"!! Really fantastic!

On a related note, there's a mobileread rule about the size of an attacked graphic. I don't remember what is the limit, but yours is pretty large [just looked it up it's 600x600]. Be aware that alternatively you can upload a graphic then display it like so,Click image for larger version

Name:	2mxh35y.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	89907 and then, when it receives a mouse-click, it'll get displayed full-size.

Last edited by alansplace; 07-29-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: add a thought
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote