View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 AM   #66
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
You did NOT say that you did the IMPORTANT "charge in fastboot mode" step! This is known to work well, and it IS part of the simple debricking process. Leaving it plugged in for several days to a wall charger is NOT guaranteed to give it a full charge (especially if it is stuck in a boot loop, which can cause many "partial charge then reboot" cycles).

As I said MANY times in many posts, you must charge in FASTBOOT mode, which has a smarter charging algorithm and can charge quite fast from the computer USB port while in fastboot mode. You do not need to run the fastboot program -- just leave it charging in fastboot mode.

You can monitor the charging progress with a serial port connection, because while in fastboot mode it periodically displays the battery voltage on the (optional) serial port connection.

You need to use a wall adapter (i.e. "power cube") to get enough charge just to reliably get INTO fastboot mode, which can take several hours.

Remember that bricked kindles can COMPLETELY discharge the battery, which is not particularly healthy for the battery (especially if repeated too many times). It takes several hours just to charge it back to a minumum usable voltage with a wall charger when completely discharged.

I posted it above, and in the debricking threads, and in the select boot threads, and I am pretty sure it is also in silver18's "small debricking guide for noobs". Please stop skipping that IMPORTANT "charge in fastboot mode" step!

Come on now guys... Following the debricking "rules" is not really all that hard, is it?

P.S. Why didn't anybody else giving suggestions here suggest that he do the "charge in fastboot mode" step that is clearly documented (unless my memory is failing me)?

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-08-2012 at 05:49 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote