View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Kriselda,

Let me say upfront that I do not own either of the cases -- I'm still using the tan case that came with my 505 -- so my opinion may not be all that valuable .

I looked at the images and descriptions of the 2 cases and if I were to buy one, I'd go for the Sony. There are a couple of things I don't like about the M-Edge as relate to my personal habits.

First, I do not like the way the Reader is held in the case. Past experience with the corner straps on other gadgets has been that over time they stretch and become slightly loose -- just enough to not give a fully secure hold. The Sony appears to have the same system as the standard cover, which I find to be pretty secure. (What I would really like is even a little more security -- a case that combines the two systems.)

Second, I do not like the strap on the M-Edge that holds the cover closed. Again, I have found that they eventually stretch. I'm not sure if this is correct but the standard Sony cover seems to have a slight magnetization to it that keeps the cover closed. Not an ideal system but perhaps a little better. More importantly, however, is that I like to fold the front cover back to make the Reader easier to hold one-handed and to access the lower left change buttons with the same hand. I think the M-Edge's outside strap would add bulk and make it uncomfortable for the one-handed grip.

Third, I absolutely hate the pen holder in the M-Edge, specially its location in the centerfold. Plus all the extra pockets for all kinds of things that I wouldn't carry with my Reader in any event, which would add bulk. The Sony seems to me to be a slimmer cover and easier to handle, just like the cover that comes with the Reader.

Finally, I like leather and I like to know that is what I am buying. The suede interior of the M-Edge could be a leather suede -- and probably is -- but they don't specify and leather is a great selling point.

So, my 2 cents is go for the Sony. But my opinion in this regard is really only worth 2 cents because I haven't made the plunge myself.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote