View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 10:53 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeserattePD View Post
Dear all,

I've also bought a few books from ebookwise and fictionwise. However according to ebookwise I will not be able to download the books I already own in a different format, as my books are apparently linked to the ID of my ebookwise 1150. Is there a way around that? IE is there any way I can get books off my ebookwise 1150 onto my PC via the memory card? Seeing as I've already paid for those books I am not pirating them! I simply want to keep reading them as often as I want to!

Best wishes

LeserattePD
Sorry for you loss of your reader. You can get a new one for much less than any of the e-Ink devices available. Check eBay.

It is unlikely that you will be able to read the files on another device except that you can read them on your PC using the reader included with eBook Publisher or GEB Librarian. You can use a smartmedia card reader to move the files from your unit over to a pc. However these files are not IMP but an internal form. You can redownload IMP files from the fictionwise site and in some cases you will be able to download files in a different format.

Files in the internal RES format can be converted back into IMP files. Join the yahoo group for the REB1200 and in the files section is a program that will do this conversion. I am not aware of any program to convert IMP files to any other format.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote