View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #310
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, it is you who are confused. The end result of using a publisher is better quality books; that is of direct benefit to the reader. I don't want to read books full of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, which is what we'd get "raw" from most authors.
Sounds like the authors aren't doing their job. If they want to pay someone to edit their work, that's up to them. But that's not a justification for me to pay more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I write physics textbooks. No university in the world is going to use a textbook for a course unless they know that it's been published by a reputable publisher who's subjected the information in it to a proper peer review. How is this process going to work without publishers?
Don't care. You keep speaking of how things work today. I couldn't care less of what the status quo is.

I am speaking of what things will be tomorrow.

A side note: When I was in college, one of my classes used a textbook that was "in process" (i.e. the instructor was writing it). The class actually helped the instructor write the book.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote