View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #83
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
1) "Rumor" is probably a bad choice of words. Because what's out there IS information. It just needs to be further verified or dispelled, if false. And false information does get removed. In the example I gave of the false story of Jobs' heart attack, Apple stock had fallen initially. But once Apple came out and dispelled the rumor, thereby "removing it," the stock shot right back up.
You consider this to be Schrodinger's cat?

Quote:
2) Because ever since the story leaked out, the price has fallen. Today's uptick is for just one day. Let's see how the stock responds in the next few days.
The price was falling before, we'll see about the stock.

Quote:
The statements in all these stories most definitely were factual assertions. And none of the statements were preceded by "people familiar with the situation said."

There is a difference between someone saying "Apple cut orders by XYZ " and "Apple may have to cut orders next quarter."

Do you understand the difference?
The way I see the situation is more like: "people familiar with the situation said that Apple's current order is for X screens, but it used to be 2X", and X is unknown. How can Apple prove that the statement is wrong? Even if they show how many are on the current order, how can they prove that at some point in the past the order wasn't for twice the quantity?

Quote:
I have my doubts as well but I wouldn't discount the appeal such a phone could have to the prepaid market. The iPhone 3G runs an old iOS. An iPhone Mini, while having lower hardware specs (such as going back to a 3.5" screen and a lesser camera), might be able to run iOS6 which would be an advantage. Maybe they sell it as an unlocked phone as well. But as I said, I think a phablet iPhone might be the next version we see.
If the iPhone 3G with the new iOS is a budget phone, then what is the iPhone 3G with the old iOS?