View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 04:39 AM   #13
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Shall we call it quote quoting?

I hope it's doable as a lot of replies will make more sense when the quotes are quoted as well as the post.
Quote:
Any word on when we can expect to have proper quoting?

When you get a message that takes a message and breaks it up and replies and you want to reply to that, if you don't have the original quotes, the replies don't make much sense. So really, this is something we really need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
If it doesn't make sense, you can click the little blue box next to the quoted poster's name to get back to the post that was quoted to see if there was something in the original text (like a quote ) that would help it make more sense.

As long as I can get to the original quote, I prefer to not have nested quotes. Especially when the formatting inadvertently gets messed up, it is more likely to make pages unnecessarily long and confusing.

Also, it isn't that difficult to manually put in nested quotes, if you really really want them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Sakura-Panda - Thanks for pointing out that little blue box. I never noticed it before - which is probably why I'm horrible at some computer games

I'll try using it before I make up my mind on "proper quoting".
Quote:
But it reads a lot nicer when you have quoting of say individual points.
One can always try it like this. But if every post looks like this one, at least for me it would be a bit too much, scrolling sometimes 20 already read opinions to get to the final one, the unread.

I still get your point though, quoting quotes can be useful, just like seeing attachments in quotes. Just not as default option.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote