View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Lit and MR Book Clubs - the way forward

I'm going to talk about the elephant in the corner. I think both book clubs are in serious danger of becoming obsolete and I personally would find that a terrible shame. Realistically, I don't think that right now we have enough members to sustain two book clubs, but I think there's a chance that the two clubs combined could form a sufficient nucleus to stay viable. And you know, when I took a look at the books read by both clubs this year, I found books on both lists that I thought would have appealed to the other. I don't think it's a far a reach as it might seem.

So I'd like all interested members to consider that and I'd also like to ask, more broadly, what would it take for you to participate in a book club here at MobileRead? What would entice you in, what are the deal breakers? Everything's on the table.

Please join in the discussion. I'd love to find a way forward to a vibrant book club.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote