View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 05:11 PM   #40
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
I've read a few self published books. Usually I've gotten them free or nearly so. I don't snap up anything free, if the blurb interests me and the ratings are fair I give it a shot. I've yet to find a book I didn't like. Yeah there might be some errors but as long as the errors don't interfer with my reading then it's not an issue. Formatting is a big turnoff much more so that " it or its or it's ". I can figure the gramatical/spelling errors out but formatting drives me nuts. On the same token, I've felt like throwing across the room some books from the big publishing houses that have gotten all these enormous praises (David Sedaris books for one which I loathe and I like humor). So I think, this so called publisher or whatever he is is pretty much stuck up IMO. Yeah probably most self published books are crap but you might just find a gem in that crap that you wouldn't have gotten to read if you waited for elite publishers to accept the book and the writer. How many indi music artists have you listened to? For all the crap I've found many many indi artists who are better than most well known recording stars.
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote