View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #41
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
By bookmarking, what do you mean? It does remember the last place you were at in each book. Yes, start-up time is about 40 seconds. Honestly, the standard I would use for 'should you get this reader' is:

- You are on a tight budget but still want a decent reading experience (i.e. a 'proper' e-ink screen, decent aesthetics)

- You want to simulate a paper reading experience (i.e. the bookshelf view appeals to you, you don't care about advanced features and just want to read a book straight through)

- You want to buy a reader for a child or an elderly parent (i.e. not too much cash outlay, not too many buttons/features to confuse them)

- You don't like the Sony but you want to buy epubs and use that format so a Kindle is not a choice for you
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote