View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell V8Pro; Asus Zenpad S8; Onyx Boox T68; Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
That's a long post!
I actually wrote down the steps I did, and then decided to post them

Quote:
Well... first: have you tried Prince to convert HTML to PDF? It has hyphenation, kerning, proper paragraph justification... You could even use my epub2pdf.sh script (or similar) to directly convert ePUB to PDF.
I'm a software developer, so I like to work with programming languages. And ideally, I'd incorporate it into my book generating script. Which started from just creating a mobipocket book to splitting my main HTML file into seperate files, create an epub, including a custom font and a toc file, check that epub and finally create a mobipocket file... And I'd like to add PDF to that script... All with only one source...

Quote:
As for the LaTeX template, if you are using the memoir class, you don't have to use the geometry package, but use the class's methods instead. I admit I don't fully grasp how the different paramaters interact with each other, but this seems to work:

Code:
<snip>
I copied that part from your book first, but only got some weird errors that some variable was too large... And as I wanted some output, I gave up and tried the other way I'll try again, now that I finally have the document I want...

Quote:
The \setsecnumdepth command actually sets the deepest type of division that will get a number, deeper divisions will be unnumbered, so that \setsecnumdepth{part} makes chapters unnumbered (without having to use \chapter*, which has other effects). If you always want this, you can put it outside the chapter style definition.
Ah, so that works a bit different than I thought! Thanks for explaining
Sweetpea is online now   Reply With Quote