Thread: PRS-T1 Modified Sony home screen
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #367
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarGhSt View Post
Thinking about taking the plunge into installing this fantastic Modified Reader app on an unrooted T1 and I was wondering if this was similar to a firmware update.
Similar, but quicker and doesn't change so much of the internals.

Quote:
Is it good practice to make sure I'm on a fully charged battery when attempting this?
Not absolutely sure. I did to be on the safe side. What harm can it do?

Quote:
Also, should I be bothered with formatting or factory resetting my e-reader first
Don't think so. I didn't.

Quote:
...should I be bothered with applying the latest firmware update and then installing this?
Definitely. Your first step before applying this modified reader app is to make sure your PRST1 already has the latest Sony official firmware, version 1.0.04.12210. Follow all precautions as detailed by Sony in their official firmware upgrade instructions.