View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #47
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Perhaps this project has reached the point where you could put it into a public repository (github? the mobileread project repo?) so that others could help and contribute.
Perhaps. This demo video player was not meant to be standalone. I want it to become a video output filter for a static build of mplayer that works on all eink kindles without library version conflicts. I did not publish the dither-conversion transcoder program yet -- it contains unfinished motion-blur code. I have too many public domain videos in my collection that I converted, but which have too much action for this lower eink framerate. My previous frame-dropping method only works for slower motion like in the published videos. I want to make a video frame contain faded copies of previously-dropped frames, so that motion direction is obvious even when viewing a still frame (like on a DX and DXG that show the most recent frame every 1.5 seconds). When I have satisfactory video results for high-motion action scenes, I will publish my "kindle video transcoder" too. For now, the gmplay source code is in the first post of this thread, and it contains proof-of-concept core code showing how to play pre-dithered video on all eink kindle models.

Although not the original goal for gmplay, it is useful enough on its own that I also want a simple standalone (low-resource) enhanced version of gmplay to play pre-dithered videos such as those posted above, and which does not need mplayer, but it will need (framebuffer-based) progress bar, file chooser, and DVR buttons, etc.

The code in the first post also serves as a generic demonstration of how to do framebuffer graphics and eink updates in a portable way that works efficiently on all eink kindles. The lower you go the more performance you can get from the hardware. Unless you add my code above to the framework, how would you do video and animation using only high-level framework-based GUI code?

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-08-2012 at 10:20 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote