View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 12:42 PM   #7
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Thanks, theducks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
There is Modified and there is Modified .

The file date separately applies to each and every format.
Of course. That's how it is.

Quote:
Even if you edit them via the back door (Calibre does not know about back door operations, which is why messing there is dangerous to its health.). hence the reason for the 'EPUB Edited' date.
I usually modify/edit only epubs via Sigil or Tweak ePub

Quote:
The file and date does not change if you just edit Calibre Metadata.

Just passing through a record (Next or Previous) while in the Metadata editor, changes 'Modified' date , even though not one character was modified.
This difference may not matter if you are one who only keeps one format.
I can see that. But I'd really love to see an OS last modified timestamp in a column. It'd be a great help identifiying which books you have or have not edited.

I usually keep only epubs - and some PDFs which, for obvious reasons I can't edit with Sigil or Tweak ePub .
paulfiera is online now   Reply With Quote