Thread: Sad Sigil news?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #18
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
An example of Sigil use: I recently had to do some internal structural changes on all our titles - around 300 - due to some changes of the distribution system we use. It took me at weekend - give or take - using a combination of Sigil and AutoHotkey. Without Sigil this might have taken weeks, and I probably would have had acquired a tennis elbow from the processing.

BTW, I have tried to download the Sigil code to take a look, but I get stuck when using cmake with an error "Qt5-dir not found" and
"CMake Error at src/Sigil/CMakeLists.txt:454 (qt5_wrap_ui):
Unknown CMake command "qt5_wrap_ui"."

QT 5.1.1. is installed in C:\Qt\Qt5.1.1 (default). I'm not a C++ programmer by nature, and certainly not cross-platform, so I can't get any further. (Made some small programs and databases in Object Pascal/Delphi in the 90's and early 00's, but since then it's been Office VBA and Lotus Notes - but I might be able to make some small contributions - learning is a life-long proces, ain't it )

Regards

Kim

Last edited by elibrarian; 09-17-2013 at 01:06 PM.
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote