View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 03:37 PM   #47
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
FanFictionDownLoader Version 1.2.0

I'm again looking for some people to beta test the attached newest version before I put it out for everyone.

This version contains:
  • New feature - Options to update Reading List plugin lists for device sync and keeping list(s) of new books to read.
  • Plugin configuration now tied to library. Different libraries can have different settings.
  • Shortcut button in plugin config to dialog for assigning hotkeys.
  • List of Characters now parsed and saved for most supported sites.

The big change is the integration with Reading List.

Reading List defines lists of stories that it can automatically send to your reading devices and update tags and custom columns.

Once you've created Reading Lists for sending to your devices, you can configure FanFictionDownLoader 1.2.0 to automatically add new/updated stories to those lists.

Reading Lists can also update custom columns automatically. Using that with a Metadata Plugboard, you can put a notation in the title of new books to read when they're sent to your device.

As a convenience, the plugin offers a menu option to remove stories from the 'to read' lists after you've read them and optionally add 'read' stories to the 'send to device' lists again.

This is an illustrated example of how I thought it would be used.

There's also a decent chance somebody will point out a better way to do this.

Thanks,
Jim

Last edited by JimmXinu; 01-21-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions