View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #128
Darbarian
Part of the Sequence
Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Darbarian knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by specsavage View Post
When I was in school (so many, many years ago), we had a "free read" period in English class where you could read whatever you wanted. So, I was reading the Ace paperbacks of Edgar Rice Burroughs with those marvelous covers by Roy Krenkel and Frank Frazetta. The English teacher came along, saw what I was reading, and threw an Archie comic book in front of me, saying, "Read that. It has more literary value."

Was that a cut on Archie Comics? Just kidding

You are correct. That teacher's comment was out of line and not exactly encouraging for a young reader.

I have always just read what I like. Sometimes it is mainstream like Steven King or somtimes I like hidden gems that very few people ever read. No one can tell me what I should or should not read. I'm happy to take friendly recommendations, but scoff at a book that I'm reading and you will probably get ignored at best and kicked in the shin at worst It is the same with what I write. It is a personal thing and no one except you should decide what is worthwhile.

Keep reading whatever does it for you!
Darbarian is offline   Reply With Quote