View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 07:26 AM   #59
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
I'm not disputing the general claim that a lower price will sell more copies. I'm merely expressing skepticism that she'll sell 5x more based on lowering the price.
I guess it all comes down to how many will give it a go at the lower price who wouldn't even look twice at it for the 10.99 price. One other thing this will do is show the benefit of promotion since I bet most people would never have heard of the book without the author trying to do something different to get it noticed.

Personally, I would have given the book a try, but like one of the commenters on the blog post, I have decided to vote with my wallet these days when it comes to geo-restricted books, if a publisher doesn't want to sell me a particular book then I am not going to waste my time getting round restrictions and will just take my money elsewhere as there are always plenty of books to read.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote