View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 12:52 PM   #33
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Interesting. When I was at the local Chapters picking up two as Christmas presents, I was asking the salesperson about returns on the Kobo ereaders. According to her, their return rates on the KA1, H2O2 and Aura E2 are about the same as their return rates on other electronics other than fitbit which seems to have issues with their Bluetooth headphones--no details on exactly what the fitbit headphone issue is. Sound quality? Dropping Bluetooth connections? Battery life?

BTW, the two KA1s I purchased are being happily used by their new owners who have no complaints about the display or lighting. They are not happy with the price of the Kobo sleepcover but then who is?

Given the number of comments in the Kindle forum, I would not say that Kobo is not alone with screen lighting quality issues -- see uneven lighting, gradient, light cones, etc.
two wrongs don't make a right. the KA1 certainly suffers from poor quality control as far as some users on this forum are concerned.

imo it should work pretty much flawlessly for everyone considering the price tag.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote