View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 04:10 PM   #22
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Another bundle of Warren Wiersbe's "BE" series of Bible studies is on sale. This one is for nine of Paul's letters and it's $3.96 at Christianbook.
Great find.

For those who are mathematically-challenged (I am one of them, but I do know how to push keys on a calculator. ha), that works out to 44 cents each. These "BE" books are sometimes offered at 99 cents, which I consider to be a really good price. Even though they occasionally appear for free, I sometimes jump on one that I find at the 99-cent price point.

I checked Amazon (I prefer the mobi format over the ePub format) in the hope that they would be the same price as Christianbook, but the bundle there is $6.15. Still a really good price, working out to 68 cents each! However, I am a penny-pincher (someone said that I could squeeze Lincoln off of a penny, I take that as a compliment. ha).

Will Amazon drop their price to match Christianbook's, as they sometimes do? I wish that I knew. I am almost afraid not to go ahead and grab Christianbook's offer, in case the deals were to expire before I acted.

There is one other concern that I have. I am concerned that when I buy a bundle, I will overlook the bundle or forget what is in it, and when an ebook that I already have in a bundle appears, separately, on sale at a great price again, I will re-buy it. I usually do searches of my libraries--Amazon's, Christianbook's, Kobo's, B&N's, ad nauseam--by title, not by author (searching by title probably would not reveal the individual title contained within a bundle; searching by author would reveal the presence of the bundle, containing the individual title). Maybe you or some other intelligent Mobilereader can give a solution to this conundrum.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 01-11-2016 at 04:37 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote