Thread: Kindle First
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #18
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
When it came to reading the book itself rather than a description of what it was about, the only one that interested me slightly was The Seventh Child, which I still might never read. Hidden sounded interesting as a Rashoman of domestic infidelity, but the writing itself seemed banal despite the contents being well researched, and I counted fourteen cliches on the very first page of The Bird Eater.

If it's true that the literary novel is a genre like any other, then I wish Amazon would respect the fact that some readers choose literary novels primarily. It would be nice if one were included occasionally in the Kindle First selection.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 03-02-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote