View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 AM   #36
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
I thought cheap was a fair and accurate description.
Not sure what that means. How "cheap" is 450 Euros for a phone, if "expensive" one starts at about 480?

Quote:
However, I'm not sure all consumers are looking for top of the line stuff, or even understand the differences.
GS I Plus still has amazing screen and even a better sound chip, than GSII. And could be bought for about 300 Euro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8or View Post
Thanks. That's a lot of phones.
Note that more than 10 Million of those are GSII's. Not sure how many are GS I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew H. View Post
They do. They bought Intrinsity (a chip design firm) so they can design chips in house.
Now that they bought a company that can do it, they also "do", right.

Quote:
Maybe it's because AMOLED screens (particularly those with pentile) are not devastatingly superior?
Nope. They are DEVASTATINGLY superior. "Uhm, what, are you seriously comparing those!?!?!?" kind of superior. Anyone who's seen them, would agree.

And regarding the article you've posted, it takes a moron to state "gamut is too high", for starters it's called "wider" and calling it a disadvantage is like saying Porshe is a lesser car, because it CAN drive much faster. Insane that this idiotic article is the first google result. But very typical for "Apple vs..." sea of FUD.

Major AMOLED disadvantages are (were):
1) Lower max brightness
2) Lifespan
3) Price

They got 1) to more than acceptable levels, and 2) is more of a problem for TVs, not for smartphones that got replaced every couple of years.

Last edited by kartu; 11-08-2011 at 07:57 AM.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote