View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
wdi
wdi began at the beginning.

Device: asus transformer; kindle touch
Yes the Transformer makes for a good e-reader.

But I am confused by the OP's comment about font sizes. I am not having any trouble changing font sizes using Kindle and Aldiko apps (mine came with Kindle pre-installed, I grabbed Aldiko and Kobo off the app store). I did notice this problem with a book in Kobo, but I just assumed that it was just that book. I guess I will have to try another one now.

Getting books onto the Transformer can be as easy as registering your account within a given app. If you are OK with reading from the app that corresponds with where you are purchasing your books, then you are good to go.

Getting books between apps, or from Calibre into a particular app requires more effort. You have to disconnect the USB end of the charging cable from the wall wart, and then connect it to your PC. Then use Windows Explorer (assuming not a Mac) to find the folders each app is using, and drag and drop them from the Calibre folder.

On a side note, I got my Transformer as a Black Friday special while waiting for my pre-ordered Kindle Touch and Fire to arrive. I love the Touch, but between the two Android tabs, I prefer the Transformer so the Fire is going back.
wdi is offline   Reply With Quote