View Single Post
Old 04-09-2021, 12:20 PM   #1
Nebudjet
Nebudjet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Viewing textbooks and technical papers on Nova 3 Color?

Hello!

Longtime Kindle paperwhite user considering switching over to Onyx Boox for PDF viewing and annotation purposes. With the Nova 3 Color out now, I'm curious to see whether or not it is a viable device for reading medical textbooks and articles. I think the size is perfect for portability's sake, but I am concerned that the screen is just a little bit too small for optimal PDF viewing (are the reflow features amenable to documents with many figures?). If anyone has had any experiences viewing textbooks and similar academic material on the Nova 3 Color, particularly in splitscreen notetaking mode, I'd love to hear it!

My next alternative in consideration is the Note Air, though I am concerned that the 10" size might be a bit too unwieldy to comfortably carry in one hand and worried that the lack of color may compromise the ability to properly view certain content (especially stuff like histology slides where dye color matters). The price point is also stretching the budget a bit, especially since I'd like to get a stylus with an eraser on the end, so anything bigger like the Max Lumi is not really a consideration. The size does seem better for PDF viewing, notetaking, and drawing though, so it remains a strong contender- if anyone has any input regarding their experiences viewing similar material on the Note Air, it would be great to hear too!

Thanks!
Nebudjet is offline   Reply With Quote