View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Amazon is talking out both sides of its [edited]

http://gizmodo.com/5647778/amazons-s...-the-kindle-ad

Quote:
I had to know. What exactly is the story that the woman's reading in Amazon's Kindle ad? It appears briefly on the screen before the camera pulls back to reveal the beach. But now I'm almost sorry that I asked…

Last week I interviewed the author who wrote the book, Where the God of Love Hangs Out. And in preparation, I'd read the story itself. It's "Sleepwalking," the first in a four-story cycle by Amy Bloom, and the story is actually about a 19-year-old boy who has a sexual encounter with his stepmother. It's the day after his father's funeral, and it's told from the perspective of the grief-stricken widow, Julia. She cries while singing to her younger son, and then staggers through the hours in a daze.
Amazon is pulling eBooks about incest and yet in their 4th advertisement, they have someone reading such a book. This makes Amazon seem a bit two-faced. And yes, I do think Amazon is talking out their [edited] when they use a book about insect as part of the Kindle advertising campaign. Way to give yourself credibility.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-16-2010 at 06:13 PM.