Thread: Anyone
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2016, 03:44 AM   #4
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
I agree it is a great design (if you like the industrial look - I love it).
It's definitely not a fast device, but considering the specs (128MB RAM!), it's a race car :-)
If I remember correctly, it doesn't read epub, only mobi. I haven't used it for that, however with pdfs it out-performed some of my more modern readers - both in terms of speed and image quality. If you use Calibre anyway, I propose you give it a try - simply batch-convert your ebooks to pdfs and load them on the Iliad. I think you will be pleased with the results.
I also used my Iliad to take handwritten meeting notes at the office, and it was quite functional for that as well. I had years of notes with me at all times, which I could search if necessary (by key words in the titles). If I remember correctly, I used a template in png format.
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote