View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #34
BWinmill
BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BWinmill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I like the deal where I can trade Google algorithms tracking me in return for otherwise free services. If you don't like it, fine, don't partake.
It is possible to avoid using Google Search, GMail, and their many other services. On the other hand, other people will use Google's services in a way that allows Google to track you. Their advertising services, various APIs (analytics, maps, etc.), and even a friend with a GMail account are examples. Now my copious hosts file entries allows me to avoid some of that stuff. I do pay the price since various websites are broken, but it is a price that I'm willing to pay for a bit more privacy.

However, avoiding it altogether would be a self-imposed form of social exclusion.
BWinmill is offline   Reply With Quote