View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #26
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
That seems like a very weak excuse. Here is the timeline of the original releases:
  • June 2008 >>> iPhone 3G
  • June 2009 >>> iPhone 3GS
  • April 2010 >>> iPad 1
You can't seriously claim that a device released in April 2010 is to be treated in the same way as a phone released almost 2 years (!) earlier. 2 years is like 2 centuries in the fledgling mobile devices industry.
I'm not claiming anything. I am stating that for whatever reason, the specs of the current ipads are not the same as the specs for the current iphones and it could be a *reason*. Not an excuse. I'm not excusing Apple's decision to do this kind of thing. The iPods are also not "up to spec"

The same principle is in operation when you look at OSX. Mountain Lion could be installed on my (now sold) 2007 iMac. It could *not* be installed on Macbooks of the same generation.

I was VERY p'd off when Apple released a new iPad only 6 months after the last. My 3 will do for as long as it takes for the mini to go retina... and if it never does, then nor do I.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 01-13-2013 at 01:09 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote